Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Highs & Lows of this Rainy Football Sunday

So, today has been quite the day. It's raining here, with highs and lows. First, the Mets can kiss the playoffs goodbye. How is that you say? Weren't they first in their division? Ah, well they were, and then they weren't. Well, they were a lock for the wildcard position, right? Nope. So, for the second year in a row, the Mets choke. Go Brewers! You haven't seen a playoff since a year after I was born (1982). Ah well. Maybe next year. To add insult to injury, my beloved Cowboys lost to the Redskins. What a crazy day.

I also started thinking about the next stage of getting over an ex: the "anger" phase. I started thinking about why I didn't see it coming. Why is it that women get so caught up in doing everything for men, and focusing on the good times, that we overlook the blaring "SOMETHING IS WRONG" sign. I should've given him the boot months ago, but I didn't, because I was too focused on how great things seemed to be. I knew deep down something was wrong, and that it was a problem, but I figured it would resolve itself.

Why do women do that? While I'm sure there are men out there who mean well, to be honest, they're kind of useless. Think about it-- from birth, a guy has it so easy. Violent and tortures dogs, he will totally find a chick. Fat, schlubby, bastard? Totally will find a woman who will love and support him. Think about it-- we live in a world where Brad Pitt, Tyson Beckford, and Jonah Hill can all have women up the wazoo. I'm sorry, but it's just ridiculous. A man makes more money, has to worry less about hygiene and physical upkeep, grooming, just because he has a penis.

Look, I like Jonah Hill as much as the next Judd Apatow fan who's getting tired of the same people playing the same characters with different names, but let's be honest; if he were a chick, we would know nothing about her, because she would be in her studio apartment in the valley eating ho-hos on the couch curled up with her cat.

Women make less money (77 cents to a man's dollar), have to deal with body and weight issues, put on us by the rest of society and men. We have to look forward to breast cancer, and if that doesn't get us, stress and hypertension will, and oh, I forgot about that pesky little thing, childbirth. It's insane! Why do we put up with all the sh*t that we do?!? Just the monthly upkeep of a woman is outrageous, and we do it willingly, for them. Unbelievable.

I can't believe, that after a life of being constantly let down by the men in my life, I do something so stupid, I fall for a boy, who while in general said he was different, turned out to be just like every other. I'm angry now, but smarter, because like the Who says, "we won't be fooled again".

Starting next week, I'm going to focus on primetime programming, and what you should be watching, since I'll have seen everything there is to see on TV, since my heart was broken by a useless boy...but seriously, I'm not bitter...not too much (wink).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of the dual of the sexes thing. Well, I'm a Black Man, and it seems there are many more white women on my job who make more money than I. They are all walking Brand Buckets: Tori Burch Shoes and Bags, Seven, Citizenship and True Religion Jeans, Guggi, Channel and Louis Bags, D&G Sunglasses and to top it all off, they go on a vacation out the country every year. AND THEY ARE NOT MARRIED so their bills are not being split or their husband is not footing most of the bill.

I run to keep myself in shape so why should I settle for some lazy chick growing a belly and doing nothing about it but eating more pasta and sugar making it worse.

And you only have to be extra sexy 1/4 of the time.

The most sexy women I see everyday are the ones with a pony tail in their hair, some nice fitting jeans, a cute little top to show of the boobies, and some killer shoes or riding boots (especially with a little dress or skirt). Now it doesn't get much simpler than that.

About hygeine (spelled wrong) PLEASE, you are gonna wash your ass regardless, just like I have to wash mine.

What I'm All About Right Now

  • Go Cowboys!! - Every Sunday...I'll be at the bar!
  • Fall TV- Thank Heaven it's finally here...
  • There's so much to watch- I can't even start!