Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Adventure Continues...

Friday night, I was invited by a friend to the NY Rangers game, where there were box seats on the table...so of course, I went--not even a question. I must admit, it was quite nice--there were a couple of interesting characters in the box...attractive characters...but, so young...Although, maybe that's what I need...to pull a Demi Moore and date a zygote...maybe not.

Saturday night, I headed out to Queens for my alma mater's Homecoming...soccer game. So about soccer...it was about 8 hours long! I was there with a few friends, and while my body shivered because it was cold, I laughed with friends, and thought of how much I needed a drink...and my leather jacket.

Later on, a friend and I headed out to Bell Blvd. where we drank loads and chatted up cuties, including a pro-soccer player. I must admit, there was a lot of fun to be had. The single life definitely has its perks...

So as I sit here, slightly hung over, I contemplate going to the Dallas Cowboys football sunday bar, where I would walk in alone. Is it considered slightly desperate, even though a bunch of people are going for one collective reason? The whole point of the new adventures blog is to, well, have new adventures. There's still time--if I go, you'll be the first to know. In the meantime, I want to talk about what is happening on the subway these days...

Last week, I was headed to work, and hopped through the doors to the D train right before it closed. There were two seats available, and so I quickly sandwiched myself between two women sitting closest to the door. Once I squeezed in and got settled, I realized why this seat was available. As I sighed, and started to get lost in my thoughts, I realized that what I was inhaling was not the recycled air of the wonderful MTA D train subway car, but was the acetone in the nail polish bottle of the woman next to me--who was painting her nails. Yes, that's right, painting her nails...on the subway...in the morning. The best part, was that there was a second coat--yes, a second coat. Not a touch-up...which still is bizarre, but multiple coats? Wild. To make matters worse, it was a hideous brown...didn't do anything for her complexion...if anything, it made her look more pale. Sigh...the subway is so odd...

Until next time, kiddies!

No comments:

What I'm All About Right Now

  • Go Cowboys!! - Every Sunday...I'll be at the bar!
  • Fall TV- Thank Heaven it's finally here...
  • There's so much to watch- I can't even start!